This delicious delicacy is quite popular in Maharashtra. Being prepared with whole wheat flour churma, the dish marks it auspiciousness when a lot of household prepare this dish on auspicious occasions. The churma modak has long shelf life say 15-20 days. Also take a note that making it two days before serving makes it taste the best.
Following are the ingredients required to make Churma Modak
- Organic Wheat Flour
- Coconut powder
- Organic Poppy Seeds
- Refined oil
- Make a dough of organic wheat flour, water and hot ghee and make it thick.
- Make puris of this dough and then deep fry it
- Once you deep fry it you got to keep it aside.
- Take these puris and make small pieces of it. Later put it is the grinder and grind it till it becomes the powder.
- Mix the powder of sugar and cardamom in the churma
- Roast the poppy seeds and take almonds, cashew
- Grind the mixture till it is powdered and mix it to the mixture
- Take a cup of ghee and add it to the churma mixture.
- Now stuff the entire mixture in modak mold and serve it
TIP – The modak tastes best when prepared 2 days before serving