Jaggery means sweet and tasty, these things come to our mind when we hear about Jaggery. Have you ever wondered how organic Jaggery is made? What are the benefits of organic Jaggery? What are the uses of Jaggery? Here are some benefits, process and uses of organic Jaggery.
Jaggery or ‘gur’ in Hindi is made from unrefined sugar is gained by boiling raw and concentrated sugarcane juice till it solidifies. It is also made from the sap of coconut and date palm, the most widely used is made from sugarcane. All types of the sugar come in blocks or pastes of solidified concentrated sugar syrup heated to 200 °C (392 °F). Traditionally, the syrup is made by boiling raw sugarcane juice or palm sap in large, shallow, round-bottom vessels.
Benefits of Organic Jaggery
Most of the people may not find it interesting or attractive because of the dark yellow color and gooey look. Many people are unaware of health benefits of organic Jaggery. It includes cleansing of a body, it acts as a digestive agent, sweeten your food in a healthy manner.
1. Digestive Agent: It is recommended to consume few grams of Jaggery after a meal as it facilitates digestion. It activates enzymes and changes to acetic acid in the stomach and speeds up the digestion system.
2. Cleansing agent: An Organic Jaggery can effectively clean the respiratory tracts, lungs, food pipe, stomach and Intestines.
3. Constipation: An Organic Jaggery can pull out dust and unwanted particles from the body and give relief from constipation due to fiber presence in it. Reduce in constipation and stimulating the movement of the bowels further cleans the body of toxin.
4. Detox: It acts as a detox which helps in cleaning the liver by flushing out harmful toxin from the body.
5. Treats flu-like symptoms: Cough and cold, water retention migraine are some problems which we experience on daily basis. Jaggery can fight this symtoms
An Organic Jaggery is loaded with minerals, antioxidants like zinc and selenium.
It contains approximately 358 calories, 27 mg of sodium, 453 mg of potassium, 85 g of carbohydrate, 85g of sugar. Vitamin A calcium and Iron which is essential for the body. It contains 65 to 85 grams of sucrose, 10 to 15 grams of fructose and glucose. Jaggery may have better Nutrition as compared to sugar.
Add Jaggery to your meal today buy Organic Jaggery on www.organicgarden.co.in