Summer is about to knock on your door. The time has come to start adding herbs to your shopping list. These herbs not only enhance the taste of your dish but also safeguard against many health issues.
What are the herbs you need to start eating?
- Organic Basil Leaves – Organic basil leaves are extremely helpful to the body. You can choose them either in dried form or fresh and hydrated. Owing to their anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties organic basil leaves aid in boosting the immunity system. Apart from this they also combat stress and enhance digestive health.
- Organic Parsley – This herb is mostly used as garnish in dishes. These herbs carry a high number of flavonoids which aid in enhancing the immunity system due to the fact that they are loaded with essential oils. Apart from this, organic parsley keeps the heart healthy.
- Organic Coriander – Organic coriander is also used as garnish in a variety of dishes. However, it is more than merely a garnish. Eating a considerable amount of organic coriander would enrich your body with iron, vitamins and minerals. The presence of these nutrients helps in detoxification of the body.
- Organic Mint Leaves – Organic mint leaves are one of the leaves that are used to garnish dishes. Due to the presence of rich aromatic flavours, organic mint leaves are widely used to add flavour to juices and smoothies. They are loaded with vitamins, iron and most importantly dietary fibres, that aid in digestion and proper functioning of the immune system.
- Organic Curry Leaves – Owing to their beautiful aroma, organic curry leaves are also extremely popular and immensely useful in the summer. They are a rich source of vitamin A and iron, which is highly demanded by the body for growth. Incorporating a significant amount of organic curry leaves in the dish takes care of your cardiovascular health. It is also good for patients suffering from diabetes.
- Oregano – There are a huge number of antioxidants present in oregano, which in turn makes oregano one of the most popular herbs. It has the abundance of omega 3 fatty acids and iron as well. Oregano consists of anti-microbial properties too. Oregano has been known to deal with coughs, colds and body pains.
Organic Herbal Remedies
- Thyme – Thyme is incorporated in the preparation of a variety of medicines. It is also loaded with anti-oxidants which shield against ailments like cancer. It assists in detoxifying the body, and strengthening the immune system. It also helps in coping up with neurological diseases.
Summer is arriving shortly and as we know climatic changes surely bring with them certain health issues. Adding these herbs religiously into your diets would keep you healthy, safe and protected from the ailments brought about by weather change.
Are you ready with the required herbs this summer? If not, visit our organic food store at www.organicgarden.co.in