When we hear the word jaggery, our minds tend to think of something sweet and sugary. Have you ever wondered how organic Jaggery is made? What its benefits are? What it is used for? Here is the process, some benefits and some uses of organic Jaggery.
Jaggery or ‘gur’ in Hindi is made from unrefined sugar by boiling raw and concentrated sugarcane juice till it solidifies. It is also made from the sap of coconut and date palm. All types of sugar come in blocks or pastes of solidified concentrated sugar syrup heated to 200 °C (392 °F). Traditionally, the syrup is made by boiling raw sugarcane juice or palm sap in large, shallow, round-bottom vessels.
Benefits of Organic Jaggery
Most people may not find jaggery interesting or attractive because of its dark yellow color and gooey look. Many people are unaware of the health benefits of organic Jaggery. They include cleansing of the body and acting as a digestive agent while sweetening your food in a healthy manner.
1. Digestive Agent: It is recommended to consume a few grams of Jaggery after a meal as it facilitates digestion. It activates enzymes and changes to acetic acid in the stomach, speeding up the digestive system.
2. Cleansing agent: Jaggery can effectively clean the respiratory tracts, lungs, food pipe, stomach, and intestines.
3. Constipation: Jaggery can pull out dust and unwanted particles from the body and give relief from constipation due to the presence of fibre in it. Reduction in constipation and stimulating the movement of the bowels further cleans the body of toxins.
4. Detox: It acts as a detoxifying agent which helps in cleaning the liver by flushing out harmful toxins from the body.
5. Treats flu-like symptoms: Coughs, colds, and water retention migraines are some problems we experience on a daily basis. Jaggery can fight these ailments.
Organic Jaggery is loaded with minerals and antioxidants like zinc and selenium.
Jaggery contains approximately 358 calories, 27 mg of sodium, 453 mg of potassium, 85g of carbohydrates and 85g of sugar. Vitamin A, calcium and iron which are all essential for the body. It contains 65 to 85 grams of sucrose and 10 to 15 grams of fructose and glucose. Jaggery may have a better nutritional value in comparison to sugar.
It contains approximately 358 calories, 27 mg of sodium, 453 mg of potassium, 85 g of carbohydrate, 85g of sugar. Vitamin A calcium and Iron which is essential for the body. It contains 65 to 85 grams of sucrose, 10 to 15 grams of fructose and glucose. Jaggery may have better Nutrition as compared to sugar.
Add Jaggery to your meal today buy Organic Jaggery on www.organicgarden.co.in