An Organic brain food, also considered the king of nuts, benefiting us with the cure to many health problems and diseases, the walnut, commonly referred to as akhrot, is one of the most common nuts we come across in our daily lives. It is slightly bitter in taste and it looks a lot like a human brain.
It is a small nut that shows nature’s creativity by being a small package loaded with healthy fats, fibres, antioxidants, and minerals. One can see crinkles in walnuts both on the inside and the outside. Having the look of a human brain, it is also considered a symbol of intelligence. Walnuts contain several unique and powerful antioxidants that are available in only a few commonly eaten foods.
1. Prevents skin damage: Walnuts are loaded with antioxidants that combat the free radicals which lead to skin damage. It also prevents skin damage caused by pollution, dust, and harmful UV rays. While wearing SPF can be beneficial, foods like almonds that are rich in antioxidants, omega 2 fatty acids, and several vitamins can help heal the skin with maximum efficiency.
2. Maintains a healthy glow: Everyone wishes to have glowing, radiant and healthy skin. Omega 3 fatty acids strengthen the membranes of your skin cells, keep moisture locked, keep out toxins from damaged skin cells and help maintain a plump glow. These nourishing fats attract the moisture from the air and soothe dry skin. Healthy fats are said to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce breakouts and maintain healthy glow of the skin.
3. Reduces puffy and saggy skin: A puffy face can make you look tired or sleepy. Walnuts contain potassium, which is a vital mineral that helps in maintaining mineral balance and facilitating nerve function. It also obstructs fluid retention, bloating, puffiness and saggy skin caused by sodium. It helps you tackle the embarrassing problem of loose and saggy skin.
4. Maintains healthy circulation: Poor blood circulation leads to less efficient transport of essential nutrients to your skin cells. Nuts are a rich source of fibre that helps reduce the excess fat and cholesterol levels in your body, which are major causes of plaque development and poor blood supply. Increasing blood circulation to your scalp and roots can help maintain healthy and well-nourished skin and hair.
5. Improved Bone Health: EFAs from walnuts secure the bone health of the body. These increase calcium absorption and deposition, while reducing urinary calcium excretion.
Nutritional Value of Organic Walnuts:
The nutritional value of walnuts (100gm contains) approximately calories 654, water 4 %, protein 15.4 g, carbs 13.g, sugar 2.6g, fibre 6.7g. Walnuts are made up of 65% fat and small amounts of protein (only about 15%) and are low in carbs, most of which consist of fibre.
Buy walnuts at www.organicgarden.co.in be nutritious be healthy and stay organic.